Technique Junkies

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome Ellen Parker!

Hi, friends!  I've got some news for you--I've got an amazing group of girls who will be working with me from this point out at Technique Tuesday!  I'm calling them my CREW instead of a design team...because it sounds cool.  Anyway, it's time for you to meet my crew!  I'll be spotlighting one of my fabulous gals each week until you've met them all...including me. ;)  Today's spotlight is on Ellen Parker!  Take it away, Ellen!


 Hi! My name is Ellen Parker and I am addicted to making cards!

I have been married to my dear husband, Donald, since 1985 and have two adult children; one daughter in TN and one son in the US Army.  I also have Almond Joy, my constant companion who is a chocolate Cocker Spaniel that is turning one year old on July 17, 2012. 

I have been seriously making cards for about three years now and have made so many wonderful friends in the card making community.  Once I really got serious about making cards, I set up my blog - In a World of Craft.  My first post was July 25, 2012 so my first blogoversary is almost here!

I really only make cards and could not tell you my "style". I love to make all kinds of cards and vary my style to keep it interesting.  I enjoy using my sewing machine on my cards. My favorite technique is layering elements in different ways to add interest and depth to a composition. 

Vintage and shabby has always been my first love in card making so layering, sewing, distressing, and embellishing are included on most of my cards in one way or another.  Over the last few months, I have been trying to learn more about "clean and simple" CAS cards and am beginning to even enjoy making them, although it is still hard to leave all that empty space on a card!

I adore my Big Shot and use it constantly to assist in all of the layering I do.  Die cuts are my favorite product, but don't ask me to give you a favorite name brand. I love them all so much I am not partial to any one brand.  You will see more Spellbinders than others simply because they are more accessible for me.

With all of these cards starting to accumulate, it quickly became apparent that I needed an outlet for them.  After several tries at organizations, I found Operation Write Home which is an organization of crafters who make blank cards for our Armed Forces to use to write home on.  We also send AnyHero cards to deployed troops thanking them for their service to our Country.

Since I am now a new PROUD Army Mom, I think the marriage of cards and Operation Write Home was perfect for me.  I look forward to now creating for Technique Tuesday and sharing my handiwork with all of you and creating more friendships here!

Welcome, Ellen!  Your style is amazing and we can't wait to see all your fabulous creations here on Technique Tuesday!!! :)

No comments: